Why do we pray?
This is a question on the top of my list lately. Why do I pray for relief and when a ray of hope comes within my grasp it is ripped away? Am I supposed to be learning trust from this? Because every time I think a prayer has been answered or that I can see God working its crushed along with my spirits. Why pray for circumstances to change if we know they are just going to turn out the way they are “meant to” in God’s will. I am sorry for my bluntness and I’m not saying that prayer is worthless. It’s communication I understand that. But if it doesn’t serve to change anything, is it just meant to change our hearts? When I pray for relief or for help I hope for an answer and I’m not usually focused on a heart change, but maybe I should be…I’m pretty stubborn…. Just being honest. Haven’t tried it in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment