Monday, April 15, 2013

The Battle

          There has been a reoccuring theme in my life that last few weeks. A battle. The last few months have been a struggle for me, and I'm left feeling like a warrior on a battle field, wounded and crying out for a medic. The correlation began when Lauren sent me a song about battle scars and fighting through war a few days ago. After listening to it about ten times I began to put pieces together of moments over the last few weeks that point to my battle. It started when I was sitting in vespers friday night and a youtube video was shown about "the armor of God". It hit me pretty hard and I was reminded of it again when I heard that song.



again another battle to fight...but this time not alone

"The last few months have become a fight, a battle and I am a warrior. I am bruised, bleeding and bewildered but I am still standing. I've stumbled across no mans land with bullets flying by my face and explosions all around. I've been thrown to my knees and my fellow warrior, who is also bruised and bleeding, but never left my side is right there, picking me up and pushing me on. The entire time yelling into my ear about the screams and chaos, "You can do this, we are going to get out of here. We are going to be okay." We are fighting with all our hearts and they while may be in pieces at the moment we've mustered up every ounce of courage and strenght, wraping them tight with bandages and tension, frantically trying to stop the bleeding. But my heart is still beating dispite the damage. Still breathing, pushing through the pain and cold nights, each step with labor and drenched in tears. We stand and we fight." 

No comments:

Post a Comment