There are some things in life I wish I could have in hand for those tough moments. This is one of them. If I could just pull out this video, watch it once or twice, take a deep breath and face head on what is happening.
It's a 600m race of 4 girls. As they turn 2nd to the final bend of the track one of the young women is tripped by her racing competitor. But what happens next is what makes this absolutely incredible. She takes a really hard fall, flat on her face but without a second of hesitation she is back on her feet running her heart out. The auidence stands in amazment as she begins to quickly catch up on her competitors still up on their feet. She passes one, two, and the third racer right before crossing the finish line winning the race! As I watched this for the fourth time I still felt a flood of emotion, happiness and determination. The caption that my coach sent with this was "When I saw this I thought of you." Now that was a shock. I have felt like nothing but pathetic and weak in these past few months. A failure. I have not felt like i've gotten back up. I feel like I'm still flat on my face, staring at the pavement while the other racers blow past me to a great SM year. So instead of me instantly springing back to my feet I feel a hand. A strong hand taking hold of me and slowly pulling me back up. Cause He is the only one who can.“Would you dare, would dare to believe. That you still have a reason to sing. Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling can’t compare to the joy that’s coming. So hold on you gotta wait for the light. Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling is just the dark BEFORE the morning”
So I don't feel like I've reached "the morning" yet, nor do I feel like its on its way. But it's coming. Even if it takes this entire year....
Free yourself from this performance mind-set, and enjoy a relationship with him. God does not demand perfection in you. God is not expecting you to measure up. God never thought that you could live the Christian life, nor does he expect that you could actually meet his holy standards. If he thought that you could, he wouldn’t have come to earth to die for you. But he did. Don't fall into the trap of feeling like you must perform for God because it will rob you of the joy of knowing Christ. God has not set up your relationship with him as contingent upon you, but rather contingent upon himself. Your faith is not to rest in your effort, but instead in God’s ability to work in your life!!!
ReplyDeleteAsk God to change your thinking and work in your life whatever way he needs to, And then don’t worry about it. YOur faith to do whatever (get up, stay up, be strong etc.....) remains in God. LOVE YOU SOPHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!