Monday, October 3, 2011

Rumors

Define: ru·mor/ˈro͞omər/
"a piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth"

This has got to be the most hurtful message I've ever recieved. People from the place that you absolutely love are spreading rumors, not just any rumor, but absolutely obserd and extremely untrue "rumors" about myself, brittany, this SM situation... I can't even pathom why someone would start that thought. It literally tears my heart out to think people are actually talking about us like that. They have no idea. Aboslutly no idea of what happened. how can people be so blind? how could someone believe that about me, it blows my mind. I just hope and pray that those who know me, know me well and know my character. All I have to cling to here so far away is my morals, my own heart and my truth in the situation. i'm tired of trying to explain what happened. I'm tired of feeling alone. I'm tired of feeling this unquenchable pain.I run to feel a different pain. The physical pain of running or working out is bearable but emotional and mental pain is almost impossible to ignore. you can always keep running but you can't just push aside the hurt that a lost reputation puts out there. Let's be honest with one another we care what other people say about us and if we know the truth and there are only lies being spread it still leaves a scar. They spread like fire. People feed off of them. Now I know not to believe everything I hear. When you've been on the other end of a rumor, the lies being spread, you start to think again before joining in on that juicy gossip that seems to so easily circulate around the church pews after the organ has died down and the plastic smiles remain.
Before I thought I knew pain, but I knew nothing of the sort until this year. I wanted a deeper relationship with God. I wanted a year of service and this is what I get?

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Sophie!!!! I can't imagine what you are going through in a situation like this and so far away from home....but I'm praying for you! You can do it girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Sophie and I'm praying for you. Humans can be hurtful, and the ones who are spreading those rumors don't have peace in their lives. Only people who let God lead have real peace. I know you do my friend! Trust in God. He is holding you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie!

    I don't know what happened, or what you are going through. But what I DO KNOW - is that God will be saying to the Devil and the rest of the universe

    "Have you considered my servant Sophie, a blameless and upright woman, who fears God and turns away from evil!"

    We prayed for you and your team this morning and will continue to pray for strength and insight as to why God allowed it to happen.

    Greetings from Germany! Ingi & Tommy Heindl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soph I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of you. How proud I am to be serving with you still, to be walking next to you throughout this, to be your best friend. We're going to come out on top, we're going to rise above this Sophie. This is our story, but it's not the end.

    ReplyDelete